FibroScan®: Painless, Accurate, Noninvasive Way to
Assess Liver Health
Texas Midwest Gastroenterology Center, P.A., a leader in healthcare management, now offers FibroScan® to assess liver health and support early detection and management of liver disease.
Liver disease, such as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), is associated with obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes and other metabolic risk factors. One in three Americans have liver disease.
Maintaining good liver health is important to your overall health. That’s why physicians at Texas Midwest Gastroenterology, P.A., use FDA-approved FibroScan®:
- Quick: takes just 10-minutes
- Noninvasive and painless
FibroScan: How it works
- The patients lie comfortably on an exam table
- The medical professional applies a water-based gel on the patient’s skin and
places the Fibroscan® probe on the right side of the ribcage
- The medical professional then takes 10 quick,painless measurements
- Results are immediate for the physician to interpret